In the present era, upskilling is vital to stay relevant in the finance industry. FinTech is impacting every single vertical and division in the finance industry. Professionals in the banking and financial services industries will need to look beyond traditional roles. The rapid transformation occurring in the BFSI space necessitates the engagement of professionals with tech-management skills. The pandemic has compelled bankers to retrain and adapt to the needs of digital consumers. Here is a list of platforms that can help you advance your banking and financial careers:
- BSE Institute Ltd.
The Investment Banking Operations Programme, developed in collaboration with industry and academic experts, is offered by BSE Institute Limited. In a duration of 10 weeks, students will acquire in-depth knowledge of investment banking back-office operations as well as personal and professional development skills.
Also Read: Investment Banking Course Guidance
- Imarticus Education
Imarticus Learning offers the Certified Investment Banking Operations Professional (CIBOP) course, which is an internationally accredited program designed to provide students with an in-depth understanding of complex financial products, investment banking, as well as operational risk and regulations. Derivatives, forex, trade life cycle, money market, and various capital market instruments are all covered in CIBOP.
CIBOP is ideal for recent graduates, career changers, finance job seekers, and experienced professionals who want to boost their resumes with an industry-recognized certification.
Candidates between the ages of 21 and 25 with finance or non-finance background are the best fit for enrollment in this high-impact program.
- Manipal Global Banking Academy
The academy has focused on training BFSI professionals and has recently launched its first tech school, dubbed the “School of Fintech,” for working professionals and recent graduates.
In collaboration with leading banking and insurance clients in India, the platform offers job-assured programs. It is based on four pillars of the financial services revolution: lending, payments, wealth-tech, and insure-tech. The curriculum is focused on emerging technologies in the BFSI sector.
Udemy offers a comprehensive Investment Banking Course on Investment Banking, complete with animation video tutorials and interactive real-life exercises. The course was created by 365 Careers, one of the most popular and well-known finance course providers on Udemy. Students will learn the fundamentals of investment banking as well as advanced-level lectures that will prepare them for a career in the finance industry.
During the course, students will be able to investigate real-life case studies of businesses and learn about valuations and investment strategies. There is no requirement for prior experience in order to be accepted.
- CFI (Corporate Finance Institute)
CFI’s e-learning 6-week Investment Banking Training Programmes ensures that investment banking associates and analysts, as well as those interested in pursuing a career in this field, are educated.
The course will assist with technical knowledge of financial modeling as well as networking skills. There is a lot of theoretical and practical material in this course for everyone to learn and apply.
Skills of an expert banker in India
- Mathematical aptitude
- Financial Management Basics
- Banking Laws and Money Management
- Understanding of Economics and Policy
- Ledger balancing
- Complete know-how of current and traditional financial practices
- Expertise in data analytics
- Expertise in spreadsheet software
- Understanding of tax preparation
- Valuation and Project Finance
- Investing and portfolio management
- Critical thinking
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Active communication skills
- Customer handling
How professional bankers get more growth opportunities:
- Banking Industry is growing at a phenomenal rate and thus banking professionals also have a bright future. The number of banks is increasing in India and even foreign banks are coming to the country thus the industry is growing rapidly which in turn is promoting professional growth.
- An increasing number of Start-Ups: Young India has a growing number of skilled people who need credits for start-ups or setting up their careers elsewhere. Thus professional growth in the banking sector is also increasing because it’s directly proportional to the number of people who need credits.
- Government Support: The government is also supporting small-scale industries and start-ups in the country for better career opportunities for youngsters. This again is responsible for the high growth rate in the banking sector.
Courses that opens more doors for bankers
JAIIB Examination: Passing the JAIIB examination offers a wealth of professional perks, such as:
- Bank clerks in any Indian bank and officers in national banks get one increment per year after passing the JAIIB exam.
- The syllabus of the JAIIB exam is extensive and offers in-depth technical training on all kinds of Indian banking activities. Such kind of knowledge equips professionals to perform duties efficiently and boosts career growth in a short period.
- The JAIIB exam helps banking and finance professionals get jobs in many other related industries such as foreign exchange, treasury, etc.
Financial Advisor Courses:
- Its goal is to assist participants in acquiring the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values needed to operate ethically and responsibly in the highly regulated financial services environment.
- This program will also assist participants in addressing the challenges posed by the changing nature of the Financial Services Industry.
- Students will be introduced to key terms and theories in wealth and investment management.
- CICC: The Certificate in Commercial Credit (CICC) is a globally recognized certification program tailored for India and approved by RBI. CICC leverages deep expertise in credit risk management, providing participants with the full spectrum of skills and knowledge in commercial credit.
- CSBC(SME): Credit Skills for Bankers Certification (CSBC) provides a sound grounding in credit principles as well as in applied credit skills. CSBC is best suited to bankers involved in SME and retail credit functions.
- CSBC: CSBC is the gold standard in credit certification. Specifically designed for India’s banking context, this program leverages global expertise in credit and covers the foundations of retail credit management. Certified professionals are recognized as proficient in credit analysis, able to assess borrowing requests and ensure prudent risk mitigation.
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant): This course helps to train the candidates on technologies such as extensible Business Reporting Language (XBLR) to help in conducting the accounting process.
CMA is widely popular due to the range of topics it covers in a short period of time. It covers several aspects of management accounting like risk management, forecasting, budgeting, financial reporting, and many others.
Eligibility – A bachelor’s degree or a professional certification along with 2 years of relevant work experience.
Duration – Around six months.
Average Salary – 5 Lacs to 8 Lacs
- ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants):
This professional course also covers several aspects of the accounting domain. This may include business accounting, management accounting, business law, financial accounting and management, taxation, financial reporting, etc.
This course is the United Kingdom-based global professional accounting body. This course has the lowest eligibility criteria compared to others.
Eligibility – 12th or graduation
Duration – 2 years.
Average salary – 6 lacs to 16 lacs
- BAT (Business Accounting and Taxation):
This course is one of the professional courses that are equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in accounting and taxation. The course is an I. depth and intensive study of the field. BAT will train the candidate in financial reporting with the help of SAP, Quickbooks, direct taxes, auditing, and much more. This course is of short duration and may ensure a high ROI.
Eligibility – B.com or above.
Duration – 8 weeks to 12 weeks.
Average salary – 3 lacs to 10 lacs
Other courses that boost banking careers:
- HR (Human Resources)
- Risk Management
- Credit Management
As we all know that banking sector is growing by leaps and bounds and there are huge infusions taking place so the future of all bankers is definitely very bright. Developing countries like India are offering MSME loans, small loans to the young population for various careers. This also indicates the growing graph of the banking industry. As the IT revolution is changing the world’s scenario, the banking sector is also its beneficiary. We have mobile banking and various apps of different banks coming up which makes transactions simpler and more convenient at a click of a finger.