The Institute of Professional Banking (IPB) has launched IPB PO Academy with the vision of training and deploying Probationary Officers with partner banks to fulfill the rising demand of trained resources on mid management level.
IPB has collaborated with Utkarsh Small Finance Bank (USFB) to offer a Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Financial Services (PGDBFS) program. This program is designed for graduates and postgraduates interested in starting a career in the banking sector with USFB.
- To train and develop highly skilled modern-day bankers
- To provide high-quality residential training based on experiential and immersive learning methods
- To provide on the job training and internship to groom candidates on various job roles
- To get students deployed with USFB on successful completion
Retail Branch Banking encompassing knowledge and skills in Branch Operations, Banking Products, Sales, Credit, Customer Service, and various day-to-day banking tasks
Program Eligibility and Structure
- Applicants aged 21-27 with a minimum of 50% in their graduation are eligible.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for in-person interviews by Utkarsh Small Finance Bank officials.
- Successful candidates receive a Letter of Intent (LOI) from Utkarsh Small Finance Bank Limited.
- The program includes a 1-year Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Financial Services from Mangalayatan University in Aligarh.
- It involves 4 months of classroom training at Baddi College.
- Followed by 2 months of internship at a Utkarsh Small Finance Bank Limited branch, with a monthly stipend of approximately Rs. 10,000.
- There’s an additional 6 months of hands-on training, including weekend online classes, focusing on sales and operations, with a monthly stipend of around Rs. 16,000.
- Potential job roles after completion include Credit Manager, Relationship Officer, Project Lead, Assistant Branch Manager, and Branch Operations Manager with a starting salary of 4.25 LPA.
- In-campus classroom sessions
- Guest lectures by industry experts and bank officials
- Group discussions on real-life business case studies
- Role-playing and a mock branch for practical learning
- A dedicated Training Room with a projector for effective presentations
- A computer lab for Core Banking System (CBS) learning
- Accommodation and food arrangements with twin/triple room sharing options.
- Eligible and interested candidates can submit their updated CVs for consideration.
Important dates to remember
- Batch starting – January 2024
- Last date of registration – 7th November 2023
- Exam and screening – 20th November 2023
Mangalayatan University is the academic partner of this program. On completion of the program students will receive the Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Financial Services from Mangalayatan University.
The University was founded in 2006 and is located in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh; with a vast campus spread over 70 acres, just 18 km from the Yamuna Expressway.
With over 6,000 alumni and 3,000 current enrolments in various courses, Mangalayatan is committed to providing quality education and promising career opportunities.
About Utkarsh Small Finance Bank (USFB)
Utkarsh Small Finance Bank, established on April 30, 2016, is dedicated to providing banking and financial services with a focus on underserved and unserved segments of the country. The bank primarily focuses on lending in rural and semi-urban areas, while its deposit services and other offerings are available nationwide. USFB began its operations on January 23, 2017, after receiving a small finance banking license from the RBI in November 2016.
Before entering the banking business, Utkarsh had a history of providing microfinance to customers in rural and semi-urban areas. The bank offers various types of loans, digital services, and is headquartered in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
For more information and registration visit – https://ipbindia.com/po-academy/
Helpline number – +91-9815433006
Email address – email@example.com