Are you looking to save on taxes while making a good investment? The Public Provident Fund, or PPF, is a great choice. It’s a secure way to save taxes and grow your money. Plus, you can open and manage a PPF account online, making it super convenient.
Why PPF is a Top Pick
- PPF offers tax benefits in all three stages (exempt, exempt, exempt), making it a favorite among tax-saving investments.
- You get tax deductions on the money you invest (up to Rs 1,50,000 under Section 80C).
- The interest you earn on your PPF deposits is tax-free.
- The maturity amount is also tax-free.
If you’re in the 30% tax bracket and max out your 80C benefits, you can save up to Rs 45,000 in taxes. Even if you’re in the 20% or 10% bracket, you can save a significant amount.
Opening a PPF Account Online with SBI
Here’s how to do it with India’s largest bank, State Bank of India:
- Log in to your SBI Online account.
- Go to the ‘Request and Enquiries’ tab and click on ‘New PPF Account.’
- Enter the branch code where you want to open your PPF account. If you don’t have the code, you can find it in the drop-down menu.
- Provide nominee details, including their name, date of birth (if they’re a minor), and the percentage they’ll receive. You can nominate up to five people.
- You can find more information about the PPF scheme or submit the form by clicking ‘Submit.’
- After submitting, you’ll get a message confirming your application. You can download and print the application form by clicking on your application’s reference number.
- Paste a recent passport-size photo on the form, fill in the required details, and decide how much you want to deposit. If you already have a PPF account, provide those details too.
- Within 30 days, submit the form at the designated branch. Remember to include KYC documents and the pre-filled nomination form. If a nominee is a minor, include the guardian’s name and address.
- If you’re opening an account for a minor, select the option and provide the minor’s details before moving on to other information.
By following these easy steps, you can open a PPF account online and start saving on taxes while securing your financial future.