A resume is a synopsis of our personal information, educational qualification, work experience, credentials, and accomplishments. It is planned to publicize ourselves to the recruiting director, and it ought to be crafted with a lot of care to separate ourselves from other competitors. It is a file that describes & defines us and is one of the most important pieces of any job application.
Its purpose is to catch the eye of a hiring manager thus, landing the job.
What to Put:
- Contact Information – Contact Number & Email ID
- Opening Statement: Summary or Objective
- Educational Background
- Work History
- Achievements and Awards
- Certifications & Professional Memberships
- Additional Sections Like that of Community Involvement, Volunteering, etc.
- Soft Skills & Hard Skills
- Hobbies & Interests
- Last but not least, Personal Details – Address, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Age, Marital Status
All resumes are different, so do not worry about having all of the sections listed above to be competitive.
Lastly, Declaration, Signature, Place & Date to end the document.
Our resume provides enough info but still causes rejection. Why? Any guesses? The reason behind the rejection is the template that we use to make our resume. So, design it with the best templates that help you to create a professional resume. “Things that look well, sell well!”